UNITED SUPREME GRAND CHAPTER
of MARK AND ROYAL ARCH MASONS
of NEW SOUTH WALES and the AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
(and all its warranted subordinate CHAPTERS)
IDENTITY OF THE ORGANISATION
The Privacy Act (Cth.) regulates the collection, security, quality, use and disclosure of personal information. The United Supreme Grand Chapter of Mark and Royal Arch Masons of New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory (‘the Grand Chapter’) considers that it is subject to the Privacy Act.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Information provided by you to the Grand Chapter or to any of its warranted subordinate Chapters will be used by the Grand Chapter and its subordinate Chapters in the following ways:
• maintain your individual membership records (both within each subordinate Chapter and at the Grand Chapter) and a comprehensive membership data base at the Grand Chapter;
• provide information to you to enable you to access the services and benefits available to you as a member of the Grand Chapter and of each subordinate Chapter;
• provide your information to Masonic charities;
• conduct research in order to identify and analyse the ongoing needs of Royal Arch Companions and their families, and to identify future potential members, services and benefits.
ORGANISATIONS (OR TYPES OF ORGANISATIONS) TO WHICH PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USUALLY DISCLOSED
Information provided by you to the Grand Chapter or to any of its subordinate Chapters may be disclosed to:
• all subordinate Chapters within this jurisdiction of which you are, or of which you have indicated that you wish to be, a member;
• any other subordinate Chapter within this jurisdiction making enquiries about you;
• to Masonic charities;
• other Grand Chapters, Grand Lodges and the governing bodies of other Masonic Orders operating within Australia making enquiries about you; and
• other Grand Chapters (or equivalent), Grand Lodges (or equivalent) and the governing bodies of other Masonic Orders operating outside Australia making enquiries about you.
CONSEQUENCES IF ALL OR PART OF THE INFORMATION REQUESTED IS NOT PROVIDED
If you choose not to provide your personal information to the Grand Chapter or to any of its warranted subordinate Chapters when requested then neither the Grand Chapter nor any subordinate Chapter may be able to provide services to you. If you are interested in joining Mark and Royal Arch Masonry, yet choose not to provide your personal information to the Grand Chapter or to the subordinate Chapter you wish to join, your application to join cannot be processed.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD BY THE GRAND LODGE
You have the right to request access to any information held by the Grand Chapter or by any subordinate Chapter that relates to you and to correct any information that is inaccurate. Any corrections should be advised in writing in the case of the Grand Chapter to the Grand Scribe Ezra and in the case of any subordinate Chapter to the Scribe Ezra of the Chapter concerned.
If you require any further information about either the information held by the Grand Chapter or by any subordinate Chapter which relates to you, or the Grand Chapter’s Privacy Policies and Procedures (which also apply to subordinate Chapters), you should write to:
The Privacy Officer
USGC of Mark and Royal Arch Masons of NSW and ACT
PO Box 134
PETERSHAM NSW 2049